Rules and regs (regs may be updated as and when agreed) for 2018
1) No traction magnets allowed. 2) All parts must be commercially available. 3) Cars must be detailed models of real 1:1 scale cars. 4) Cars must start and finish each race with matching body, windows and interior. 5) Interiors may be a lightweight alternative. 6) Trims and details such as mirrors, aerials, wheel trims and spoilers, may be omitted. 7) Ballast weight may be added but must be inside the car. 8) Wheels and tyres must not protrude beyond body. Bodies, Chassis and Motor Pods 1) Must be made of injection moulded or 3D printed plastic. 2) Bodies must be painted. 3) May be lightly trimmed.
1) Motors must be Small Can, Long Can or Flat Can construction. 2) Motors must not be modified from manufacturer?s spec. 3) Motor must be fitted into pod as originally intended. 3) Motors with excessive magnetraction are not allowed. Such motors will be identified by the ?cogging? effect. Any motor that ?cogs? when the drive wheels are turned is not allowed. eg Avant 20103, MB Dodo and BRM Super EVO 25.
Wheels and Tyres
1) All wheels must have tyres and they must be made of rubber. Silicone and urethane tyres are not allowed on track. 2) Tyres may be trued, glued and coated, but must be dry to the touch at the start of a race. 3) All wheels must be at least 15.8mm diameter, unless the original model is supplied with smaller wheels as standard. Example cars with <15.8mm wheels include: Policar Ferrari 312PB (front); Slot.it Alfa 33/3 (front). Spares All other components, (eg braids, eyelets, guides, wires, pinions, gears, axles, stoppers, screws, nuts, springs, weights, lubricants and paints) are free choice unless specified in a Class Rule.
(Class Rules override Club Rules)
1) Any closed wheel car that raced post-1975. 2) Maximum width 65mm across rear tyres. 3) Self-coloured bodies need not be painted. Example Open GT cars include:NSR Mosler MT900R; Audi R18 LMP. Sloting Plus Reynard 2KQ. Slot.it Porsche 911GT. Scaleauto Radical SR9. etc.
1) Car must have raced in Group Five. 2) Motor must be mounted in inline configuration. Example Group Five cars include: Racer Sideways: BMW M1 and 320, Ford Capri; Lancia Beta; Ferrari 512BB; Porsche 935. Fly: Ford Capri, Lancia Beta; BMW M1. Scaleauto: BMW M1; Porsche 935. MRRC: Toyota Celica.
1) Car must have raced in GT series pre-1976 2) Motor must be Small Can, max 21.5k rpm at 12V. Example motors include: Slot.it V12 Orange Endbell; NSR Shark Orange Wrapper; Thunderslot Mach 21. 3) Motor must be mounted in sidewinder configuration. 4) Pinion gear must be 11T. 5) Standard black chassis must be used. 6) Standard interior must be used (except NSR GT40). 7) Maximum width 62mm across rear tyres. 8) Suspension prohibited. Example Classic GT cars include: NSR Ford GT40, MKIV, P68 & Porsche 917. Slot.it Ferrari 312PB, Alfa 33/3, Ford GT40, McLaren M8, Matra MS670B; Chaparral 2E. Thunderslot Lola T70. Policar Ferrari 312PB GT3
1) Car must have raced in GT3 series. 2) Motor must be Scaleauto 0026 ?Endurance?. Example GT3 cars include: Black Arrow: Ferrari 458; Aston Martin DBR9. NSR: Corvette; ASV; Porsche 997; BMW Z4; Audi R8. Scaleauto: Porsche 991; Dodge Viper; Mercedes SLS. Racer Sideways: Lamborghini Huracán. Ninco: Ford GT; Lamborghini Gallardo; Mercedes SLS. Scalextric: Bentley Continental; BMW Z4; Audi R8; Aston Vantage; Porsche 911; McLaren 12C; Corvette C6R. Group C Rules
1) Body and standard chassis from Slot.it?s Group C range. 2) Motor to be Slot.it V12 (max 23k), with endbell to the rear. 3) Motor pod must be Slot.it inline with 0 or 0.5mm offset. 4) Standard pinion gear, Slot.it 9T brass, must be used. 5) Standard crown gear, Slot.it 28T yellow, must be used. 6) Standard interior must be used. 7) Rear tyres must be unglued Slot.it F22. 8) Suspension prohibited. 9) Independent front wheels axle (eg PA39/SP17) prohibited. Example Group C cars include: Slot.it: Porsche 956/962; Jaguar XJR6/9/12; Sauber C9; Toyota 88C; Mazda 787B; Lancia LC2/85; Nissan R89C . RACING, POINTS and SCORING
1) Races will run for 30 laps per lane. 2) Any car failing to finish a race will be classified as DNF and drop to the bottom of the results table. Two DNFs will be placed lower than one DNF, and so on. 3) Points will be scored 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1.
1) The drivers scoring the most points in each Class for the year will be the Class Champions. 2) Drivers will drop their lowest score in each class.
1) The driver scoring the highest total points for the year, combining all points in all classes, will be Club Champion